The fifth DENORMS workshop « Symposium on Acoustic Metamaterials” (SAM) will be held from 7th to 9th November 2018 in Xàtiva (Spain), organised by YRAM (Young Researcher in Acoustic Metamaterials) and Universitat Politècnica de València.
The first Symposium on Acoustic Metamaterials is targeted to Early Career Investigators (i.e. researcher whose career spun less than 8 years since the date of the PhD) and PhD candidates and aims at sharing new advances and breakthroughs as well as fostering the community of young researchers in the field of acoustic metamaterials. The first SAM will be organised around 6 different sessions comprising 20 min talks and 4 plenary lectures.
Topics covered by SAM are listed below but not restricted to:
- Acoustic/elastic metamaterials and phononic crystals
- Acoustic/elastic metasurfaces
- Non-reciprocal manipulation of acoustic/elastic waves
- Acoustic/elastic meta-devices based on transformation acoustics, parity-time symmetric acoustics, topological acoustics
- Novel physical concepts for harnessing acoustic/elastic waves
- New applications of metamaterial-based functional devices for acoustic sensing, cloaking, imaging, absorption, energy harvesting, etc.
Several social activities will be organised during the symposium.
For more information, see the SAM website.
Book of abstracts
You may read the book of abstracts, which is available here.
Registration and abstract submission
Registration is closed. Participation in the Workshop is free of charges, but registration is mandatory. Registration had to be completed on the SAM website before 20th September 2018. 34 grants have been attributed on competitive basis to Early Career Investigators and PhD candidates who will give a talk. These grants are contribution to the travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be available for participants who are presenting an abstract during the Workshop: 60 EUR per night (4 nights maximum), 15 EUR per meal, reimbursement of the transport (most economic way of transport). Priority has been given to PhD students and Early Career Investigators.
Abstracts submission is closed. It should have been performed simultaneously with the registration.
Travel and accommodation
Participants are expected to arrange their own travel and accommodation.
How to reach Xàtiva from the Valencia airport:
- From Valencia airport to Nord Railway Station: Valencia airport is located approximately 8 km away from the center of Valencia.
- Metro Line 3 (Rafelbunyol-Aeroport) or Line 5 (Marítim Serrería – Torrent Av. / Aeroport). The metro station is at the ground floor of the regional flights terminal. The journey takes around 15 minutes. The closest metro station from the Nord Railway Station is Xàtiva station. Tickets: €4.90 (3.90 + €1 for the card)
- From Nord Railway Station to Xàtiva: train connects Nord Railway Station to Xàtiva – Moixent every 20 min (Renfe Line C-2). Please take care, three different trains with different terminus are going to Xàtiva: Trains to Alcudia de Crespins, to Moixent and to Xàtiva, will stop in Xàtiva train station. The journey is approximately 45 min long. Tickets: €4.35.
Single rooms have been pre-booked at Hotel Vernisa for a fixed price of 50 € /per night (breakfast included). Shared rooms can be also booked in Casa del Cigroner. Please indicate DENORMS when booking.
A list of other potential accommodations is given on www.xativaturismo.com/en/guide-to-accommodation.
Steven Cummer (Duke University, USA)
Luis Miguel Garcia-Raffi (Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain)
Jean-Philippe Groby (LAUM, UMR CNRS 6613, France)
Rubén Picó (Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain)
Vicente Romero-Garcia (LAUM, UMR CNRS 6613, France)
José Sanchez-Dehesa (Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain)
Victor Sánchez-Morcillo (Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain)
Daniel Torrent (Universitat Jaume I, Spain)
Olga Umnova (University of Salford, UK)
Martin Wegener (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
YRAM: Matthieu Malléjac, Théo Cavalieri, Weichun Huang (LAUM, UMR CNRS 6613), and Joseph Beadle (Exeter University)
Local organisers: Víctor Sánchez Morcillo, Rubén Picó, Luis Miguel Garcia Raffi (Universitat Politècnica de València), and Vicent Romero-Garcìa (LAUM, UMR CNRS 6613)
DENORMS Action CA15125:
Jean-Philippe Groby (DENORMS Chair)
Olga Umnova (DENORMS Vice-Chair)
Mélanie Garcia Villar (DENORMS Grant Manager)
Daniel Torrent (Working Group 1 Leader)
Tomasz Zielinski (Working Group 1 Co-Leader)
Bart Van Damme (Working Group 2 leader)
Nicolas Dauchez (Working Group 2 Co-Leader)
Arnaud Duval (Working Group 3 Leader)