Use and characterisation of new acoustic treatments and tools
Budapest (Hungary), 16-18 December 2019
DENORMS Action’s 5th Training School “Use and characterisation of new acoustic treatments and tools” will be held from 16th to 18th December 2019 in Budapest (Hungary), organised by Óbuda University.
This Training school is aimed at the industrial partners and Early Career Investigators. The training will be offered in both theoretical and experimental aspects of developing new sound absorbing and sound controlling structures.
During the first day, the refresher training courses will be organised covering the basic theory of sound interaction with porous materials and metamaterials. During the following two days lectures and practical sessions will familiarise the audience with the new methods used in design of conventional and metamaterial based noise reducing treatments.
Download the flyer of the Training School.
Tentative time schedule, topics, and trainers
- Day 1, December 16 2019 Refresher courses
- Morning session: Acoustic wave propagation in viscothermal fluids and acoustic materials by N. Dauchez (University of Technology of Compiègne – UTC)
- Afternoon session: Transfer matrix method for conventional acoustic materials and structures by N. Atalla (Université de Sherbrooke)
- Day 2, December 17 2019 Porous materials
- Morning session: Introduction to homogenisation theory and its application to porous materials design by C. Perrot (Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée – UPEM)
- Afternoon session: Practical session on design/manufacturing (including rapid manufacturing) and characterisation of porous materials by T. Cavalieri and J. Boulvert (LAUM, UMR CNRS 6613, Safran Aircraft Engines)
An introduction to COMSOL Multiphysics® will be provided to the trainees.
- Day 3, December 18 2019 Acoustic metamaterials
- Morning session: Application of the transfer matrix method to acoustic metamaterial design by N. Jiménez (Spanish Research Council – CSIC)
- Afternoon session: Practical session on design/manufacturing (including rapid manufacturing) and characterisation of acoustic metamaterials by V. Romero-García and J.-P. Groby (LAUM, UMR CNRS 6613)
Registration and financial support
Participation in the Training School is free of charge, but registration is mandatory. Registration is now closed.
25 support grants will be provided on competitive basis to participants. These grants are contribution to the travel, accommodation and meal expenses. The grant amount has been fixed at € 500.
Refreshments will be provided free of charge The Conference will cover refreshments throughout the event on 16-18 December 2019.
Lunches will be possible at the Training School location for an approximate price of 4000 Ft per person and per day. Dinners (not free of charge!) will also be proposed every evening.
The Training School will be held at Bánki Donát, Faculty of Mechanical and Safety Engineering, Óbuda University, Nepszinhaz utca 8, located in the city center of Budapest. More information on https://www.budapestinfo.hu/en/.
Participants are expected to arrange their own accommodation.
Local organiser suggests:
- Hotel Nemzeti Budapest, 1088 Budapest, József krt. 4
- Hotel Elit, 1081 Budapest, Rákóczi út 67
You can also check on Booking, AirBnB or Couchsurfing for alternative accommodations.
Budapest city center can be reached from the Airport by public transportation. Bus line 200E operates day and night between Terminal 2 and Nagyvárad tér metro station (the temporary terminus of metro line M3 during reconstruction*). BKK tickets, multi-day travelcards or passes are required for travel. More information on https://www.bud.hu/en/passengers/transport.
Another possibility is Ferihegy transzfer http://www.ferihegyexpress.com/en/
Local organiser suggests the 72 hours transfer ticket, which is 4150 Ft.
Different social activities will be proposed during the Training School.
Lívia Cvetityánin, Erika Hronyecz, and Katalin Lévay (Local organiser)
Jean-Philippe Groby (DENORMS Chair)
Olga Umnova (DENORMS Vice-Chair)
Arnaud Duval (WG 3 Leader)
- Local hosts:
- DENORMS Grant manager: Jean-Philippe Groby, mailto:Jean-Philippe.Groby@univ-lemans.fr