Second edition of the « Symposium on Acoustic Metamaterials » (SAM)
The second edition of the « Symposium on Acoustic Metamaterials” (SAM) took place from 9th to 11th October 2019 in Ischia (Italy) and was organised by YRAM (Young Researchers in Acoustic Metamaterials), COST Action DENORMS CA 15125 and the University of Salerno.
This second Symposium on Acoustic Metamaterials was targeted to PhD candidates, Early Career Investigators (i.e. researcher whose career spun less than 8 years since the date of the PhD) and aimed at sharing new advances and breakthroughs as well as fostering the community of young researchers in the field of acoustic metamaterials. The second SAM was organised around 6 different sessions comprising 20 min talks and plenary lectures.
More information can be found on the SAM website.
Wednesday 9th October 2019
- Emily Glover, Paul Keatley, Robert Hicken, and Alastair Hibbins, Tunable Magnetoelastic Phononic Crystals.
- Shubhi Bansal, Magnetically Responsive Dynamic AcousticMeta-cell.
- Oliver Latcham, Yuliia Gusieva, Andrey Shytov, Oksana Gorobets, and Volodymyr Kruglyak, Hybrid magneto-acoustic metamaterials for ultrasound control.
- Nesrine Kherraz, Lionel Haumesser, Franck Levassort, Paul Benard, and Bruno Morvan, Hybridization bandgap induced by an electrical resonance in piezoelectric metamaterial plates.
- Gregory Chaplain and Richard Craster, Graded metasurfaces for wave manipulation: reversed conversion and flat lensing.
- Bart Van Damme and Louie Matar, Wave dispersion in one-dimensional phononic quasicrystals.
Plenary lecture by Jean-Philippe Groby (LAUM, UMR CNRS 6613): Bio-inspired and natural meta-fluids for sound absorption.
- Théo Cavalieri, Jean Boulvert, Logan Schwan, Gwénaël Gabard, Jean-Philippe Groby, Vicente Romero-García, Jacky Mardjono, and MarieEscouflaire, Acoustic wave propagation in effective graded fully-anisotropic fluid layers.
- Jean Boulvert, Théo Cavalieri, Josué Costa-Baptista, Logan Schwan, Vicente Romero-García, Gwénaël Gabard, Edith Fotsing, Annie Ross,Jacky Mardjono, and Jean-Philippe Groby, Numerical optimization method of continuously graded material.
- Vicente Romero-García, Noé Jiménez, Jean Philippe Groby, OlivierRichoux, Georgios Theocharis, and Vincent Pagneux, Perfect acoustic absorption in deep sub-wavelength structures for the ventilation problems.
- Eric Ballestero, Noé Jiménez, Jean-Philippe Groby, Stephen Dance ,Haydar Aygün, and Vicente Romero-García, Experimental Validation of a 3D-Printed Quadratic Residue Metadiffuser.
- Marco Miniaci, Bio-inspired hierarchical metamaterials.
- Ze Zhang, Elke Deckers, Claus Claeys, and Wim Desmet, Acoustic metasurface for broadband, wide angle of incidence sound absorption via wave manipulation in a sound transmission context.
- Mathieu Gaborit, Olivier Dazel, Peter Göransson, and Luc Jaouen, Merging acoustic film characterisation data and full system responses for efficient envelope determination.
Tuesday 10th October 2019
Plenary lecture by Richard Craster (Imperial College): Elastic Metamaterials.
- Dongwoo Lee, Seismic phononic crystals by elastodynamic Navier equation.
- Rachele Zaccherini, Andrea Colombi, Antonio Palermo, Vasilis Dertimanis, Alessandro Marzani, and Eleni Chatzi, Elastic metasurfaces for shear waves control.
- Farhad Zeighami, Antonio Palermo, and Alessandro Marzani, Rayleigh waves bandgap tuning via inertial amplified metasurfaces.
- Giulia Aguzzi, Panagiotis Martakis, Andrea Colombi, and Eleni Chatzi, Design of layered base foundations for elastic wave mitigation in buildings.
- Bogdan Ungureanu, Sébastien Guenneau, Stephane Brule, and Richard Craster, The interaction of large scale metamaterials with seismic and elastic surface waves.
- Jacopo M. De Ponti, Andrea Colombi, Raffaele Ardito, FrancescoBraghin, Alberto Corigliano, and Richard Craster, Graded metasurface for enhanced sensing and energy harvesting.
- Georg A. Mensah and Nicolas Noiray, Adjoint-based calculation of shape-gradients for acoustic metamaterials with application to thermoacoustic-instability damping.
- Bethany Staples, Alastair Hibbins, and Roy Sambles, Coupled Scholte Modes in Plastic Plates Underwater.
- Muhammad Tayyab Noman, Michal Petru, and Jiri Militky, Effect of ultrasonic waves on the surface properties of cotton.
Friday 11th October 2019
Plenary lecture by Jensen Li (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology): Space-coilin metamaterials: from negative refraction to generating wave illusion and Willis coupling.
- María Rosendo-López, Zhiwang Zhang, Daniel Torrent, and JohanChristensen, Multiple Scattering Theory in the study of Non-Hermitian Sonic Second Order Topological Insulators.
- Penglin Gao, Daniel Torrent, Francisco Cervera, Pablo San-Jose, JoseSanchez-Dehesa, and Johan Christensen, Majorana bound state in Kekule distorted sonic lattices.
- Emanuele Riva, Quadrelli Davide, Jacopo Marconi, Gabriele Cazzulani, and Francesco Braghin, Nonreciprocal phonon transport in space-time discretely modulated beams.
- Domenico Tallarico, Gwenael Hannema, Andrea Bergamini, Marco Miniaci, Armin Zemp, and Bart Van Damme, Superelement modelling of elastic metastructures.
- Matthieu Malléjac, Aurélien Merkel, José Sánchez-Dehesa, JohanChristensen, Vincent Tournat, Vicente Romero-García, and Jean-Philippe Groby, Experimental evidence of a non-delayed propagation through a Density-Near-Zero plate-type metamaterial.
- Davide Enrico Quadrelli, Emanuele Riva, Gabriele Cazzulani, and Francesco Braghin, A Reconfigurable Topological WaveguideExploiting Negative Capacitance Shunting Circuits.
Plenary lecture by Angela Madeo (INSA Lyon): Towards the engineering design of metamaterials’ structures through micro-morphic enriched continuum modeling.
- Patrizio Neff, A priori identification of material parameters in the relaxed micromorphic model.
- Sifa Gul Demiryurek, Anton Krynkin, and Jem Rongong, Non-linear metamaterial structures: array of particle dampers.
- Guram Adamashvili, Two-component nonlinear elastic waves.
- Rodolfo Brandao, Ory Schnitzer, and Ehud Yariv, Resonant acoustic scattering from superhydrophobic metasurfaces.
Pictures of the Workshop are available here.