« Sound waves in metamaterials and porous media »
DENORMS Action Training Schools 1 and 2 took place in Prague (CZ), organised and hosted by Czech Technical University in Prague (České vysoké učení technické v Praze, CTU) from 26th to 30th September 2016.
More than 50 trainees participated in these training schools that aimed at providing a common theoretical background to researchers and engineers working on acoustic metamaterials, metasurfaces and sonic crystals as well as conventional acoustic materials. 37 trainees received a COST grant.
For more information, see the flyer and agenda of the week.
Milan Červenka (CTU-FEL), local organiser
Anton Krynkin (Univ. of Sheffield), Working Group 1 Leader
Tomasz Zieliński (Polish Academy of Sciences), Working Group 1 co-leader
Pauline Raséra (LAUM , UMR CNRS 6613), Grant Manager
Olga Umnova (Univ. of Salford), Action Vice-Chair
Jean-Philippe Groby (LAUM , UMR CNRS 6613), Action Chair
Videos of the lectures
- Prof. J. Vasseur (IEMN UMR CNRS 8520, France): Irreducible Brillouin zone / dispersion relations (band structures) in periodic structures / Plan Wave Expansion method
- D. Torrent (Univ. Bordeaux, France): Multiple Scattering Theory
- Dr. C. Boutin (ENTPE, France): Homogenization theory applied to porous materials
- Dr. V. Romero García (LAUM UMR CNRS 6613, France): Periodic structures for sound waves. Sonic crystals
- Prof. P. Sheng (Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong, China): Metamaterials for sound absorption
- Dr. D. Lafarge (LAUM UMR CNRS 6613, France): Acoustic wave propagation in viscothermal fluids and nonlocal homogenization
- Prof. J. Sánchez Dehesa (UPV, Spain): Homogenization theory applied to periodic structures
- Prof. P. Göransson (KTH, Sweden): Numerical methods for modelling and simulation of porous materials
- Ms. M. Rodrigues (Embraer, Portugal): Acoustics in the aeronautic industry
- Dr. A. Duval (Trèves-group, France): Automotive acoustic package optimization methodology
- Dr. P. Leroy (Isover Saint-Gobain CRIR, France): Acoustics in buildings: role of porous materials and opportunities for metamaterials
- Dr. F. Coulouvrat (Institut Jean le Rond d’Alembert, France): An introduction to nonlinear acoustic wave propagation
Pictures of the Training Schools
Pictures are available here.